Friday, November 15, 2013

Heading North

Even though I live in the South, I belong to a quilt study group located in Indiana & Ohio.  We get together about five times a year to study antique quilts.  I'm not as fanatical as some about dating antique quilts; I just enjoy looking at them and learning as much as my feeble brain can absorb at one sitting.

This weekend's program is packed with a variety of topics -- none of which come to the surface of my mind at the moment -- plus we will spend a little time planning for next year.  Even though I belong to a similar group that meets right here in Tennessee, I can't tear myself away from the Midwest braintrust, especially when I know what the next year holds in new information about old quilts.

I'll post some photos -- with permission, of course!  It's so tempting for us to show what we've seen, but it's important to remember that the quilt's owner has first rights to publication.  It's a courtesy to always ask.

DH does not share my interest so he will remain here, tending to life as usual.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.