Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday, Monday

Good Monday morning to all!

These three quilt tops will soon be on their way to comfort tornado victims in Washington, IL.  I'll be making backs for these this week and finishing up the Tall Tree.  I think that is all that I can reasonably expect to accomplish with the holiday in the mix.



This is one of my favorite go-to baby quilts -- no pattern, just pieces and parts. 

Studies have shown that infants respond to high contrast colors like black/white and red/white.  I used a double-dozen 6-inch charm squares with leftover WOWs.  So easy!  I try to keep one of these on hand for last-minute gifts.  Guess I'd better get started on another one! <LOL>








This was a sweet panel of Hawaiian-style stencil-looking blocks.  I framed each little panel with coordinating color and found the perfect sashing fabric.  Border I bought at a shop on Kauai.









The third top is a pattern called Peppermint Twist.  I had planned to make three of these as Christmas quilts for DILs and SIL -- even had them all cut out.  I quit after just one.  I was working with a new machine and hadn't mastered the quarter-inch seam on it.  Nothing was coming out to the correct size.  I have since incorporated all the cutout pieces into other UFOs.



So excited that the two older grandchildren (ages 29 and 23) will be coming over Friday.  We don't get to see them often enough as #1GS is gainfully employed by a startup energy company in DC and #2GS is soon to graduate from Northeastern Univ. in Boston.  I am so proud of them and what sweet and thoughtful young men they have become.  I even have two wedding quilts in the queue for any eventualities (none, yet).

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.  We've got bad weather heading our way and though TDOT has improved its methods of dealing with freezing road surfaces, southern drivers don't always know how to drive in it.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous and Generous! These are sure to be loved and to mean the world to their recipients:-)
    Visiting your blog from Design Wall Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.