Monday, December 2, 2013

Celtic Monday One

The first clue of Bonnie Hunter's mystery was revealed on Friday, but I couldn't do any sewing until Saturday.  So far I've made 30 of each unit.  The rest are cut and poised by the machine.  Hoping to get at least 10 made each day.  Since I'm making the smaller size, it's not out of the realm of possibility.


So this is what's on my design wall today.  I'm thinking Bonnie might have us match star points.  Hmmm......


You can tell from my pictures that I am using a limited palette of fabrics. I have boldly substituted red for Bonnie's orange.  <g>  It will be fun seeing what everyone else has accomplished, especially those who go off on their own colorways, when we link up at Quiltville.

 

9 comments:

  1. Great start on step one! Red white and blue are a classic - you can't go wrong with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm using similar colors for my quilt too...I'll be watching to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bold blues and the red and white will be great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing around and guessing the mystery layout is always a big part of the fun. Of course...I'm usually so far WRONG that it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Some of the guesses on Easy Street I liked better than the real thing.

      Delete
  5. Nice bright colors, will enjoy watching it evolve.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.