Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Stash Report



I had a productive week.

Rock Island Campfires
Irish Grandmother

On Monday I used 8 yards for backs on two quilts that will be going to the quilter soon -- Rock Island Campfires and Irish Grandmother.




Kinda looks like I'm in my "Black Period," doesn't it.

I will be teaching Irish Gran at my guild (my Beta Test Group) in May and at Peg Bingham's Quilt Camp in October.  This week I'll be working on another class sample using Ohio State's scarlet and gray color scheme.  Then it will be time to finish writing the pattern instructions.

Cathedral Stars

And another 10 yards went into Cathedral Stars!!  Only took 3 years, but considering I have many UFOs older that that, I don't feel too bad.  I'll be taking another Bonnie Hunter class at Pigeon Forge in March, so I wanted to have it ready to show her.

Add another 1/2 yard for binding a small quilt and my weekly stash report looks like this:

In this Week: 0 yds
In year to Date:  42.5 yds
Out this Week: 18.5 yards
Out Year to Date: 42 yards
Net Used for 2014: -.5 yards

Besides being almost even on stash inventory, I am now even on my 2014 goal of finishing two before starting one.  I have two UFOs in line to finish at retreat next week and I'm thinking about which of my "TODO" projects to take, as well.

We've had a cold, snowy week here.  But not as bad as other parts of the country.  So, as I always say,
Keep warm and quilt on!

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

13 comments:

  1. Great finishes! Love all the blacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee Dee. I did my Spider Web in B/W and it's time I finish that one, as well. Oh, and I have two other B/W quilts in line. Maybe I'll be out of those fabrics soon!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous quilts! Congrats on reaching the break even point on the stash additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. Sad thing is I haven't touched any of the fabric I've added this year. I like keeping a net total!

      Delete
  3. I really like your Irish Grandmother quilt. You've done a great job of using stash for those backings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first Irish Gran was done in brown and blue shirtings -- a whole different look. I love two-block quilts and the secondary design that emerges.

      Delete
  4. I'm from Ohio , so I'm looking forward to seeing your scarlet and gray color scheme quilt. The ones you shared today are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom went to OSU. Scarlet and gray were sacred colors in our house. A lot of people who attend quilt camp are from Ohio, so I'm trying to attract them to my class!!

      Delete
  5. Your work is beautiful. Congrats on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your RIC quilt. Can't wait for you to see my version. Bring yours to Loucon next week if you can. I'll try to finish mine while there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.