Monday, May 5, 2014

On the Road Again


Rhoddy in Full Bloom 5-4-14

The design wall is empty again.  That's because I have packed my works in progress to take to our guild retreat today.  I will be busy, for sure.

Cruise Quilt
First, I'll make and attach bindings on the cruise quilt which just came back from the LAQ along with my Brite Irish Grandmother. The handwork will wait for the next guild meeting.

Brite Irish Gran






Next will be final borders for two UFOs -- Bargello with a Twist and True Blue (no photos yet).  I'll also make a make a back and binding for Bargello before packing it away in the TBQ stack.  I'm still uncertain about a back for True Blue (which I did in black, BTW).


Sand and Surf

Once I get the easy stuff out of the way, I will attack the back for Sand and Surf (a/k/a Bob and Weave).  I have a small amount of the perfect fabric so I am going to try John Flynn's method.  I plan to photograph each step of the way, hoping that I can report on my success (or failure ... ).

Then, and only then, can I work on something new.  I have thrown several potential projects into the van and I'll see what bubbles to the top.



Enjoy your week, get lots done, and hop over to Patchwork Times to see what everyone else is working on.





6 comments:

  1. Have fun at your retreat! It's always fun to pack projects up, anticipating the finished projects when the retreat is over. Your Rhoddy is gorgeous! Mine have buds, but no blooms yet. That is the rhoddy's the deer have not eaten! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The surf and sand is great. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and beautiful quilts!! Have fun at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your picture of your Rhoddy. I'm looking forward to meeting you this coming Saturday at Friendship Quilters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it, too. See ya there!

      Delete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.