Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wildlife Wednesday

The only signs of wildlife I see on the hill these days are chipmunks and the neighbor's black cat that just wandered by.  I figure the deer and birds are busy birthing babies ....  Soon they'll be showing up at the birdbath -- oh, I forgot, I need to get a new birdbath ....

In the fauna department, I'm looking out at rhoddy remnants.  They always make me think of giant spiders.

Rhododendron Remnants


 There is a lot of new foliage coming on in place of the blooms.  The Mahonia are loaded with berries.  The deer don't seem to like them as much as day lily buds -- go figure!

A couple of months ago I asked if anyone knew what this is.  No response.  This is what it looks like now.

Any Ideas?

Stems are about 12" tall.  I still don't know what it is.  Lenton Roses and Soloman's Seal are through blooming.  We'll enjoy the foliage the rest of the summer.

View down the hill

Soon to show color:  clematis, astilbe, and coral bells.

Clematis


Astilbe
Coral Bells





Life is good on The Hill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.