Sunday, July 6, 2014

You know you have arrived ....

... when you see the MetLife blimp in a field.

Snoopy I poised for service at The Greenbrier Classic

Golf junkies will know what I mean.  My Main Man and I have been at The Greenbrier Classic all week in White Sulphur Springs, WV.  I was thrilled to round a corner on the back roads and see Snoopy tethered in a field about 10 miles from the tournament site.  Can't have TV golf without the MetLife blimp!

Yesterday we took a break from golf -- mainly to give our poor feet a rest -- and ventured up to Hawk's Nest State Park where we enjoyed a quick tram ride to the canyon floor and a "jet boat" (I use that term loosely) up the impounded lake to see the New River Bridge, the longest single span bridge in this hemisphere.

New River Bridge from Hawks Nest Lake

While there have been no stops at quilt shops -- yet (there's still the trip home) -- I do have an adjustment to my stash report as I made an error in my calculations last week by counting 3 yards of wide back as 9 yards.  Actually, based on square inches, it's more like 7.75 yards, so I'm taking 1.25 yards off the amount in.

Stash report this week:
     In this Week:            0.0 yards
     In year to Date:      165 yards (adjusted from last week)
     Out this Week:           0.0 yards
     Out Year-to-Date:    130 yards
     Net Used 2014        -35 yards

Really, I just wanted an excuse to post another beautiful skyline photo, this one this morning.

West Virginia Sunrise - View from a Room
Heading home tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.