I settled on a border fabric from my stash for Mary's Triangles, but only managed to get the sides on. My "studio" is in the basement and I have to come up to the main floor to lay large things out on the dining room table to measure (which, I might insert, is not as bad as going up two flights of stairs to get to the printer). I have cut the last two borders and they are poised, along with the top, next to the machine ready to stitch today.
|MT before 2nd border|
At our retreat the previous week, Lisa was working on projects from the Loose Change book by Kansas Troubles. They use charm packs and layer cakes (and those smaller pieces that I can't name). Having received several charm packs from my secret sister, I was anxious to try the technique. So in a matter of days I made 48 blocks just waiting for a large design wall to lay them out. The best part: I cut a bunch of 10" squares from my stash!
|Loose Change Blocks|
I could do a straight setting with the finished blocks, but that would leave a pile of miscellaneous units in colors I'm not fond of. Or I could do an on-point setting on a smaller scale that would require finishing at least one more A block and making some side setting triangles. In the end I finished the remaining A blocks, assembled 8 side triangles, and chose borders from my stash -- just waiting for a large design wall to lay them out.
|Not-so-easy Easy Street|
Stash Report: Nothing in, nothing out..... yet!
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.