Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Shop Hopping in Pigeon Forge

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I made it to Pigeon Forge on Sunday in time to meet the rest of the girls for dinner.  My trip was lengthened by a side trip to see our new property on Tellico Lake.  I was pleased to see it's just as it was when we closed the deal in January!

View from Lot 41
Unfortunately the Main Man has been so busy with "real" work (a blessing when you're a self-employed architect) that he hasn't had much time to devote to designing the new house.

Yesterday we girls hit all the major quilt shops in the area.  However, Silly Me forgot to take the camera to document all the stops.  First up was The Cherry Pit, then The Red Barn and Iva's in Sevierville.  Because we still had time before registration openend, we drove on up to Susan's in Gatlinburg.  Susan always has good deals during Quilt Fest week -- $1/yard off and $2 FQs, including bundles.

Even though I was restrained, I added 16.25 yards to the stash -- mostly fat quarters.  Here's the thing:  I need to make a sample for a class I'm teaching in Illinois in June.  I always try to use very different types of fabric between samples to inspire folks who can't see past color or fabric style.  Since my first sample is in batiks, I wanted to go very modern and I just don't have those types of fabrics on hand.  You understand, right?

Today we're headed to Pappy's in Maryville.  Twenty percent off everything in the store!  This could be dangerous .....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.