Wednesday, June 24, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Progress

Candy Dish


Candy Dish is half done.  I am currently working on the upper half (turned sideways in the photo). 

Almost all the units are made.  I need to make a few more HST units, and maybe a few of the 4-patch units.

I may have over-estimated!  But I have a plan for the remaining units, including the remainder of the roll of strips.


Leftover Strips fom Candy Dish






"Ginger Belle" from Miss Rosie's Spice of Life is my inspiration.  I will be using 4-inch units instead of 3-inch as in the pattern.  I drew a box around the two blocks to help me see how it will go together.


Ginger Belle





A cream Moda Marble Dot will be the background.

Limiting myself to leftover strips, supplemented by another roll of solid strips on hand, dictates that it will just be a 3x3 setting which will give me a 68" square quilt -- a good size for cuddling under.

More later ....



2 comments:

  1. I like these! Looking forward to seeing them in person! Sharon B in Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! It's so much fun to see this come together!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.