Monday, October 19, 2015

How Many Shades of Gray?

Do you go through color "phases"?

I am currently in my "gray phase."  Seems I simply can't get enough gray ... and yellow.

While I had accumulated a few pieces of gray/yellow fabric in the last few years, my recent purchase in Indianapolis has kick-started a gray/yellow fever in my soul.

Fat Sixth bundle from Quilt Quarters in Carmel, IN
I used this little bundle to make samples and step-outs for the Exploding Pineapple class I taught last week at Quilt Camp at Cedar Lakes.  This is what's on my design wall this Monday morning.

Exploding Pineapple Samples
I liked what I was doing so well that I enhanced my collections of grays and yellows with stops at Tennessee Quilts in Jonesborough and Heavenly Stitches in Kingsport, TN.

Exploding Stash
And since I needed gas in Bowling Green, KY, I took the opportunity to stop in at Whittle's.


Yep, you guessed it -- more gray and yellow.


It does seem that travelling is my downfall.  If I'd just stay home and sew I'd use it up ... maybe. Heaven help me, I'm going to Shipshewana, IN in 3 weeks.  Lolly's here I come!

Statsh Status as of October 19, 2015

     In last two weeks:             20.00 yards
     Out last week:                    0.00 yards
     In year to Date:               199.50 yards
     Out Year-to-Date:           163.75 yards
     Net Used                           35.75 yards

Linking up with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Gray has been my favorite neutral for the last 4 or 5 years, although I haven't yet paired them with yellow. Your blocks look great so I may need to seriously consider a gray/yellow quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How convenient that your cutting mat is yellow, too! I like your block design. Gray is growing on me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour combination too. I like the exploding pineapple blocks and am just a shade envious of your yellow cutting mat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pineapple blocks are looking great! Sharon in Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really finding some treasures! May your luck hold in Shipshewana. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those yellow and grays certainly make some gorgeous blocks. After a few years of doing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I realized my stash was really lopsided. I've tried to fix that, it's not easy to remember to buy across the whole color spectrum.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.