Saturday, January 9, 2016

Retreat Time

Rock Island, Rock On!

This will be my eleventh year -- or is it 12? -- hosting a small quilt retreat at Rock Island State Park near McMinnville, TN.


Rock Island 2010
There will be 8 or 9 of us in two cabins.  Lots of running back and forth, I'm sure. I wrote about what I plan to accomplish here.

The park is in a remote area with very limited cell service. Last year they were installing WiFi so I might be able to file daily reports. But if you don't hear anything from me for a week, just know I'm having a grand time!



9 comments:

  1. Today's trivia: Did you know that the founder of McMinnville, OR (William T. Newby) named it after his hometown of McMinnville, TN? The Newby name is in my step-dad's genealogy but there's no known connection.
    By all means, enjoy and have a grand time, we'll "see" you when you can post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to live in McMinnville, TN. There were several Newbys there then.

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful time and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to get off the grid for awhile and just enjoy your friends and sewing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you lucky girl!!! Enjoy your time away with friends and quilting - can life get any better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky! I hope you have a fantastic, productive time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a blast! I say forsake the wifi and updates and spend that time quilting! LOL! It's a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like heaven! Have a great week of stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.