Monday, February 15, 2016

Nuts and Bolts

... A Retreat in the Middle

Quite a few years ago a group of quilters from Kentucky and Tennessee met in the middle at Kentucky Dam State Park for a weekend retreat. I'll be heading out to the hinterlands today, weather permitting,  for a different retreat in the middle, but still a meeting of Kentucky and Tennessee quilters at a Methodist Retreat Center north of Bowling Green. 


And, yes, the fastest route takes me past Whittle's .... good thing I don't need anything 'cause I might decide to take the parkways to avoid some icy conditions.

As if four days of fun and frivolity isn't enough, on Friday I'll head over to Paris Landing State Park for a weekend retreat with the Music City Modern Quilters.

Wow, planning projects for that many days and trying to keep the piles separate occupied most of last week.  My big project early in the week will be Smith Mountain Morning followed by getting borders on several UFOs. I will finally get back to Geese on the move at the MCMQ retreat.

Geese on the Move (a/k/a Geese Migration)

I mention all this to let loyal readers know that I will be in a "cell hole" much of the week and, if it's like last year, unable to connect to the internet.



7 comments:

  1. What a exciting week! Enjoy sewing with friends and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I look forward to seeing all of your progress from your two retreats! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy stitching!
    Can't wait to see what all you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a fantastic week lined up. Enjoy your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the GO and getting things done - woohoo!!!! I know you will enjoy spending time with friends - retreats are always special that way. I know a lot of Kentucky quilters too - tell them hi from me just in case :*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy all the fun and stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.