Saturday, July 29, 2017

Stash Enhancement

I can't go to a quilt event like QuiltFest without shopping the area vendors.  While I did have a few purposes in mind, I did sorta go overboard ;-(

Kevin's Mystery - Constant options
I ended up with four three possibilities for the "constant" fabric in Kevin the Quilter's mystery.  After I work through the current clue, I'll try to make a decision.

Yellows and ...
One of these yellows may well become the sashing in Long Time Gone.  The fuscia is destined for Kevin's mystery.  But that cute little X fabric has both colors (and orange) so the excess fabric will not go to waste!

LTG - Black and White
And speaking of Long Time Gone, as if I need any more black-on-white and white-on-black prints, I came home with these.

Just because ...
Just because these are companion fabrics for some I already have.  So there!

????
Somehow I just couldn't resist this color combination.  I have worked with this combo in the past so I am confident I have other things that will go with these pieces.  Now to think of a pattern...  Any suggestions?

Just for fun
I rarely pass up a background that incorporates all the primary colors; they are so versatile, especially for kiddie quilts.  The cheater pinwheels will probably go on the back of a baby quilt.  It's too pretty to cut up.

Never too early for Christmas
The red reindeer fabric was in my goodie bag.  The charm pack was on sale at Heavenly Stitches, another great shop in nearby Kingsport, and the green-on-white leafy print was just too yummy to pass up.

There you have it; I fess up.  More than I meant to spend, but certainly things I can use  -- well, maybe not the reindeer, but it was free.







7 comments:

  1. You found some great fabrics, Libby. Sometimes adding a new fabric to the stash inspires me to use more of what I have already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ramona. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

      Delete
  2. You scored some great prints! All color combos I love, too. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I'm in love with your new goodies! Can't wait to see where they pop up! (And you can never have too many black/white or white/black prints!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some excellent choices to refresh your stash. I really like that "x" fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great stash enhancements! Hmmm.....wonder which one you will choose for the mystery?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Can I come shopping in your newly enhanced stash? I see LOTS of fun fabrics that would look GREAT in some of MY quilts!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.