Monday, July 10, 2017

What I'm Working On



Until the next clues come from Kevin and Alycia, I'm staying busy with "Long Time Gone."

After my fiasco with the Bowtie blocks -- too big -- I have decided to take them apart and trim them down.


In the meantime I have assembled 35 HSTs for the second group of blocks ...


I'm trying to make a dent in my black/white prints and I'm throwing in a spot of bright color here and there.


I've also made the 28 HSTs for the second block, but they are not stitched together yet.


I reversed some of the blocks in the upper left and lower right corners after looking at this picture so that there is more of a dark streak going diagonally from corner to corner.  I'll post another picture after I get it together.

So here are the three blocks so far.  


I wanted to see if my black and white scheme is working.  So far, I'm satisfied.

I have a basket of 1-1/2" squares and twosies ready to be leaders/enders.


I think the Crosses of the UK blocks will be next.  And in between I'll try to fit in a pineapple block every day or two so I won't be stuck with doing 16 of them at the very end.





8 comments:

  1. After you posted about those bow tie blocks before, I wondered what you would do with them. It's such a pain to undo something like that, but probably worth it in the end. I really like the black and white with a little bit of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those bright spots of color that peak out from the blocks. It's a very fun project. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up Long Time Gone. Wow! I really like it -- busy, busy. You'll be able to use up a lot of B&W bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really love what you've got going! Will you use a color for the sashing - like red? (I've always loved black/white/red...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE that you are using black and white for this one. And that POP! of color?? It's absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your HST's are so perfect. Boy do I appreciate that as I grapple with my patchwork blocks these days. And I love how this colourway is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those blocks. The bit of color is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the black and white with tiny bits of red - definitely works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.