Thursday, August 17, 2017

I Like ...

Take a book! Leave a book!

I've heard about Little Free Libraries, but this is the first one I've seen.

Little Free Library
A friend who recently retired was looking for a project. 
He found out how to make a Little Free Library online


Each one is registered and the location mapped on the website.

Our friend said word spread through his neighborhood in less than a day;
now people have added books of their own when they stop to choose a book to read.

 

The concept is very simple. 
Take a book!  Leave a book!
The book you choose can be kept, passed on, or returned.

We have a box of books ready to be added to Little Free Library #60573.

Go to the website and see if there is a Little Free Library in your neighborhood.


3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this idea!! I'll have to check for a Little Free Library near me, but in the meantime, I will continue trading with my Knit Group and Quilt Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one in our neighborhood and love it! It is most heartening when I see school kids stopping there to pick up a book. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Little Free Libraries! There are lots of them around our town. I told my husband we need to make one for our neighborhood, but he's not agreeing just yet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.