Thursday, August 10, 2017

Pretty Parasite

Spanish Moss


Spanish Moss
I know, I know!  It's not Spanish.  It's not moss.  And it's not a parasite, all myths aside.

Technically it's an epiphyte in the Bromeliad family.  In other words, it grows on air, though in the Deep South it prefers to grow on Live Oaks because they produce some helpful chemicals. 
However, in Savannah it grows on EVERYTHING!

As seen through a foggy lens -- dang humidity!
Throughout the South the Crepe Myrtles have been gorgeous this year.


Greetings from Savannah on this Thursday.



1 comment:

  1. It grows on everything in south Texas too. It does add nice atmosphere to those foggy mornings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.