Sunday, September 24, 2017

Scrappy Sunday

Out of the Mounds of Mess

This has been a very frustrating week, dealing with internet issues and trying to stay one step ahead of Mr. Hillside in our urban renewal project (more on that later).

I was raised in the school that you vacuum behind the furniture when you move it, and you wash the windows when you have access to them.  But Mr. H moves things in the dark of night and "thoughtfully" puts heavy iron tables in front of dirty windows.  Bless his heart.

Needless to say, I haven't had much stitching time this week.  But, it's been interesting.

I started with a bag of paired solid triangles.



Frankly, I have no recollection of where/when/how I acquired this bag of triangles!  But it floated to the top as I was moving things for the studio revisions.  There were six different solids already paired with Kona White.  Talk about mindless sewing.


Trimmed on my kitchen counter ...


... and organized on paper plates.  Over 300 pairs trimmed to 2-1/2" ...


... and positioned on my new design wall.

That's as scrappy as I could get this week.  Linking up with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.


11 comments:

  1. Great use of those found triangles. I like the direction you are headed. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    (You are supposed to vacuum behind furniture?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, that is really a neat layout! I love it! And does your design wall have a grid drawn on it? That would be so helpful. P.S. i have a stack of those same paper plates in my cupboard. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design is great. I love solid color quilts though I seldom make one. Looking forward to the revisions in your studio...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so many possibilities! Enjoy your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a nice fresh stack of triangles to play with!
    Good luck with the renewal project, and those windows probably didn't want to be washed, anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your layout with your found treasures! When things are in an upheaval, mindless sewing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm liking where this is going!!! Love the palette; maybe all the triangle parts came from one project?
    Good luck with the "urban renewal" project - looking forward to hearing more about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, LOVE the modern design you've come up with for your "scrappy" HSTs!!! I think I see a bit of ORANGE in there... at least a shade of it. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you always coordinate your paper plates with your sewing project? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! That's going to be a gorgeous scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this blog its very informative and useful for use.

    หนังเกย์

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.