Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Coming up with a plan

Everybody's doin' it

OK, I give!  I see these plans to bust scraps and wrap up UFOs all over the blogosphere and I feel a twinge of guilt.  Not because I don't have any of these issues, but because I tend to turn a blind eye to the obvious.

Knowing (or at least hoping) that I will need to pack up my sewing room in the very near future, I'm doing my best to do some cleaning. sorting, and organizing while the snow keeps me captive on this hill.  It's time to make a plan for 2018.

UFOs
  1. Sunrise on Radnor Lake (a/k/a On Ringo Lake) - Piece 6 blocks, sash, and border
  2. Long Time Gone - Finish blocks, assemble
  3. Gypsy Wife - Finish blocks, assemble
  4. Celtic Solstice - Trim inner border, add pieced border, maybe final border
  5. En Provence - Add corners, maybe final border
  6. Grand Illusion - Sash blocks, border
  7. Eventide - Make more small stars, assemble
  8. Star Fall - Assemble, add bright filler strips
  9. Sunflower Braid - Assemble
  10. Tropicana - Assemble leftover blocks
  11. Top Notch Diamonds - Finish blocks, assemble
  12. Christmas Runners - Hmm ...
You can see that most of these projects are at, or close to, the final stage of construction so this list should be manageable.  Of all these projects, Sunflower Braid is by far the oldest; it dates back to my "Yellow Phase."

Every quilter has to have a few new things to look forward to, don't you think?  So this is what I am anticipating:

New Projects
  1. Goose is Loose - Rainbow Scrap Challenge strippy quilt
  2. Zig-Zag CCDs - Another RSC project using my chunky churn dash blocks
  3. Sage Project - Intrigued by this color on the RSC list, I pulled a collection of fabrics 
  4. Mystery Quilt - A quickie mystery I'm planning for March if I can learn to set up a linky
  5. Wedding quilt - GS-2 is getting married in August! I'm hoping they will choose an existing quilt but I want it to be something they will use so I may have to start something new.

So that's it - my public declaration.  I'm counting on youall to hold me accountable.




7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the UFO club, LOL. And wouldn’t it be just *awful* if you had to start a new quilt for your son’s wedding?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! This will certainly keep you busy. I have a list, too, but I haven't put it on my blog. This way I can change it easily. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've got some Quiltville on your mind . . . well, at least on your list. Are you creating the mystery? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! You go to a lot of retreats so maybe you can plan to take some of the WIPs to work on. Stay warm in this cold snowy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't look at me - I can't even hold *myself* accountable...
    Good luck, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the peer pressure!!! Sounds like you've got some wonderful projects in the works. You will surely not be bored while snowed in on the hill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Public declarations may be dangerous!! But I think you can do it!! Go, Libby, go!! See Libby Quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.