Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Wildlife Wednesday

Spring has sprung

It's not unusual for the Lenten Roses to bloom in February.
After all, today was the first day of Lent!


It's obvious the earlier freezes took a toll on last year's foliage, 
but I'm always elated to see these beauties in bloom.


They were blooming when we first looked at this house this time 10 years ago.
But what first caught my eye this week were the daffodils.


Not only are they up about 6", one is ready to bloom.
The forsythia will not be far behind.


I'm never quite sure if these buds on the rhodedendron will be blooms or leaves.


This is definitely one part of living on this hill I will miss!




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your glimpses of spring. It's been unusually cold here and our first signs of spring color are definitely delayed. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohthey are beautiful!! and make me want spring to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are a few days behind us on the bloom. I saw daffodils springing up late last week and my first one bloomed Sunday before Valentine's Day. Forsythia is in bloom here, too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.