Friday, April 21, 2017

New Resident on the Hill

Snapping Turtle?


This creature showed up in our driveway this morning, just as I was getting ready to run some errands.  It "clammed up" the minute I got near so I can't be positive in my identification.


Or it could be a box turtle, though the pictures of them on the internet are more colorful.


The only other snapping turtle I've seen around here had more of a
prehistoric look with a spikey back and long tail.

It was long gone by the time I got back from Kroger.


1 comment:

  1. The resident animal/bird expert in the house (My Guy), said it didn't look like either a snapping turtle or a box turtle. But reptiles aren't his speciality, so wasn't sure what type of turtle it was. Hopefully he found a pond or creek to make his home in. Or maybe he was looking for a hook up for this spring?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.