Last week was the third week of the month, always my busiest outside the studio. But I did manage to make a little headway in several areas. First, the Bible blocks ... I failed to complete my goal of 40 in 40 days 😞 but I'm happy with what I did.
That's thirty 10-inch blocks on the board (in no particular order), there's two more that I would like to remake with different fabrics, and three 15-inchers I will use for pillows or a table runner. A total of 35 ain't too bad, right? I just didn't like the mix of 10" and 15" plus I didn't want to make all the little filler blocks required in the pattern.
When I asked my husband's opinion, his reaction was something like "Acckkk" (or maybe it was "Arrggg"). Anyway, I reassured him this was not the final setting; in fact, I plan on sashing the blocks so that they each shine on their own. But here's my dilemma: thirty 10-inch blocks, even with sashing, will not fit a king-size bed. So I resorted to my favorite way of making a quilt bigger -- set on point.
(BTW, the design wall is on a queen Murphy bed flanked by bookcases, so it's about the size of a king mattress.)
As I was testing this theory, I also began grouping the blocks by similar style -- crosses, pinwheels, HSTs, stars -- in order to get an even distribution. But now I need to choose a sashing that is not one of the fabrics in the blocks (or at least one that does not appear on the outside of any block). The solid cream I chose is too white, I feel navy is too heavy, and robin's-egg blue is on the edge of too many blocks. Time to shop! I'll be looking for a cream that is slightly darker than my main background fabric.
I did manage to fit in a lot of prepping and a little bit of sewing, mostly on the 3-yard quilt kits I'm putting together for Devo and Sew. More on that next time ...