Well, I didn't have enough greens to go with the red flannels for a Christmas quilt, but I did come up with this assortment that would look nice in our bedroom year-round.
I purchased a kit from Primitive Gatherings several years ago that included most of these flannels along with the three quilting cotton pieces on top of the pile. I have never combined the two types of fabric in one quilt, have you? Suggestions?
I have too many other irons in the fire to start a new quilt right now so the pile will go in a box with the pattern for a future time -- maybe at next month's retreat ... In the meantime, I've been cleaning and reorganizing the room where I cut and store fabric. I can't live with the mess any longer, plus some changes are acomin'.
I have managed to fit a little sewing in, trying to catch up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I'm making Labor Day Madness blocks, the process of which produces a second block which I'm calling Pinwheel Madness. My goal is to make one set of blocks each day.
So far I have 10 blocks made for Labor Day Madness.
If I set them straight, like they are above, I'd need 42 blocks for a decent size throw. I kinda like the "whirlygig" effect where four blocks join. But I might add sashing to cut down the number of blocks.
Right now I need to cut more background. And hopefully I'll get around to making a pair of blocks before we head to the mountains for the weekend.