Friday, February 6, 2015

A Finish for Friday ...

... and a Work in Progress

Keeping up with my commitment to sew at least 20 minutes a day has been fairly easy, so far.  Finding an extra 20 minutes to keep projects moving along, sew-sew.

First, I've kept plugging on the Quick Cozy Couch Quilt.  BTW, I finally had the inspiration to Google the source for this quilt.  It's from the book Quick Cozy Couch Quilts (duh on me) by Sandy Thompson for Cozy Quilt Design, available at cozyquilt.com.

QCCQ on my photo floor

There it is on my living room floor, the only flat space large enough to photograph finished tops in my house.  It's 54 x 54; I don't plan to add a border.  I do think it will be nice to put flannel on the back so I'll be looking for something on my next shopping trip.  Seeing it on the floor next to my gray-flannel-suit sofa, I might end up keeping this one for myself .....

As planned, I have been addressing the extra, more muted blocks for Athena's Puzzle.

Greek Key blocks for Athena's Puzzle
There will probably be enough blocks for three quilts before I get done!  I still don't know if these will go into a quilt or not.  They may become border for something else or go on the back of something.  I will finish the extra blocks this week and pack them up to take to retreat week after next.  So stay tuned on the continuing puzzle of Athena.

Yesterday I found time to analyze one of my Someday Projects:  Something Fishy.  I bought this wall hanging pattern on a vacation trip through Wyoming in 2001, just days before 9-11.  The kids at church need auction items to raise money for their summer mission trip and I think something kitchy like this will be attractive to bidders.  I'll include a picture in my weekly report on Monday.

It's warming up here in Middle Tennessee.  Hope y'all have a nice weekend.

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.