Saturday, September 9, 2017

Scrappy Saturday

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for September is
ORANGE

I've long been a fan of orange, have even gone through several "orange phases."
So I assumed I would have plenty of orange scraps.  NOT!

My few minutes of found sewing time this week
resulted in two Scrappy Churn Dash blocks ...

Chunky Churn Dash
... and a couple of Scrap Jar Stars.

Scrap Jar Star - 1
Scrap Jar Star - 2
Granted, the SJSs need some assembly.  The centers are sewn.

The thing that has fascinated me about the RSC this year is the discovery/discernment
of the various shades in each month's color.

Thanks, Angela, for hosting the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
I hope you remain safe from Irma.



9 comments:

  1. I love your orange blocks! Those stars are on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orange blocks are so pretty, Libby! I am partial to those stars especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for orange!
    Ya know, every year I look at people's Scrap Jar Stars blocks and decide I'm going to make them for the next year's RSC, and then every year I don't get around to it. Next year FOR SURE! I mean it this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy some gorgeous ORANGE scraps in those blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you found at least enough oranges to get you started. It is funny to see which colors are plentiful, sometimes it is a real surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful orange blocks! Looks like you had enough anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed seeing both your RSC block choices this year. I like orange, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great orange blocks! I'm a fan of orange myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sunny and bright blocks. I always equate orange with the sun, just like yellow. It's a fun color.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.