Thursday, August 18, 2022

Home Again

Truth be told, one of the reasons for my taking a break from blogging was a two-week trip to New England and environs.  (I don't like to announce in advance that we will be away from home.)  I had great plans to work on the computer problems when we had free time, but I left the manual at home!  So photo coverage is limited.

On our way up we stopped at a favorite state park in West Virginia (Hawks Nest), had a great visit with a grandson in Boston (also spent a day on Cape Cod), drove across New York to visit a nephew where my brother and his bride were also present, visited state parks in New York and Pennsylvania, spent one night on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and closed out the trip with a meet-up with my college roommate in North Carolina.  

Along the way, I gave a Christmas quilt to my niece-in-law who tends to go overboard on Christmas decor.

Me, far left, brother on the right

In North Carolina I gave another favorite quilt to my college roommate who has a cabin on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Taken at a Christmas Tree Farm and Winery

All-in-all, it was a fabulous trip (though I never darkened the door of a quilt shop).  And I'm happy to report that my back pain became less and less as the days progressed!  

Hoping to catch up with Mt. Washmore as well as the computer issues over the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. it looks like you had great fun and delivered some quilts as well - I will be doing that in October I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great trip and were able to visit family and friends. It's always fun to deliver quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you saw a lot, and spent time with family and friends, too - the perfect trip! I bet those quilts will be well-loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing folks pictures...it's nice to be able to picture you when I write. How lucky those folks are to have your work, Libby. It sounds like a wonderful trip and so happy your back is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip and I love the quilt you gave your niece-in-law! What a lovely quilt! Glad you made it home safely, even if you didn't get to visit a fabric store. What a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!! You were in North Carolina and didn't tell me?!?! :o((

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.