Sunday, August 28, 2022

Miracles Happen

I had tried everything I could think of to get my phone photos to upload to the cloud.  I deleted bunches of photos from the phone to make room, I read the phone manual, I went to icloud.com ... nothing worked.  Until I installed a new phone ios update yesterday -- and suddenly 50 photos appeared on the computer!

So now I can show you my latest DrEAMi project.

The block is called Crossroads (or sometimes Patience Corner) according to Julie's Quilts and CostumesJulie found a handy tutorial for the block at Connie Kresin's blog Freemotion by the River.  

I have 20 (out of 30) 12-inch blocks ready to sew the last seam.  I have used many stray jelly roll strips in a plethora of bright colors (though the above block is not representative of brightness) and still have not made a dent in my strips.  Getting the blocks all together will be my next Devo sew day project.

We have a church golf outing this afternoon and I have not swung a club since last year's outing.  Wish me luck.  At least it's a scramble and I can at least contribute to the team with putting.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you found your photos! That's a neat block - definitely looks like a great way to use up jelly roll strips. Enjoy the golf - wishing you a great round! No matter what, I bet it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your patience corner block! I haven't made that pattern in years and had forgotten about it! Hope you had fun golfing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with those scrappy blocks and hope things went well at the golf outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you figured out your photo problem. This quilt is going to be a bright and happy one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.