Sunday, March 12, 2023

A Somewhat Busy Week

When I last left you, I thought I had resolved the churndash dilemma for Cynthia's block drive.  
Well, sad to say, after all that I went through, my blocks were still 1/2" too small!   

I debated about making more of that same size for her to use in a single quilt.  Then I thought, "nah!" I'll just make the remaining 4 mini-dashes into the correct 12-inch finished size.  And as long as I'm at it, I'll make more of that size to go with them.  

That occupied a good portion of my early week.  Tuesday was Devo day and I took my latest two batik projects for show-and-tell.  I am still auditioning border options for Granny's Stars (begun in 2016), but I think a light yellow batik (not shown) is the winner.


I did a quick repair of a hole in Zinnias (begun in June 2022) and got the last two columns attached in time to show.  I will add a narrow white border on each side to stabilize the seams and that will probably be all as it is already 72" long.  

While at Devo day, I assembled the rows on a third batik project, Driftwood (begun January 2023), but didn't have enough time to get the rows together.  That will be on the docket again in a couple of weeks.

After a morning with the Devo gals, I headed to my last physical therapy session for vertigo.  I had been vertigo-free for over two weeks so I was released.  I have to admit I was one of those patients who rolled her eyes (literally and figuratively) when PT was recommended, but I'm SO glad I went through with it.  The Epley maneuver did the trick.

I was in and out the remaining days of the week, but did manage to spend some time in the studio every day.  A lot of that time was just cleaning up the mess down there, but I also managed to make good progress on a new wall hanging.

Stay tuned for future developments!

7 comments:

  1. You've been busy and productive! I absolutely love your palette for Driftwood. It's earthy and soothing but the value contrast keeps it from being boring. Looking forward to seeing your progress on all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely quilts - your star quilt is much like one I made a couple years ago - I loved it so much I made two of them - they almost the same but not quite

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotten a lot done lately! Each project is so pretty - I was trying to pick a favorite, but couldn't. Although I do love those zinnias! Glad your vertigo has finally subsided!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Granny Stars and Zinnias! Those are such fun and colorful quilts. Congrats on all the progress. Fingers crossed no return of the vertigo for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your vertigo is gone! Your batik quilts are ALL beautiful! You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're on a get-'em-done roll! I especially like Granny's Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects on the go, Libby, and I'm SEW glad to hear that PT restored your equilibrium!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.