Monday, November 6, 2023

Fall Has Fell

 ...to quote some comic character whose name I forget -- probably Pogo.

Remember that maple tree I posted last week on Thursday?  I took that photo right before DH and I left for a quilt study weekend in Shipshewana, Indiana.  This is how it looked when we returned the following Monday.


I have one Knockout Rose that has survived the overnight freezes ...


... and the Beautyberry bush is loaded with berries.


I'm surprised some animal hasn't discovered them.  I've heard one can make jam with them, but I'm afraid to try.

On the quilting front, I'm seriously considering Bonnie's 2023 mystery.  How about you?

I'll be heading to the S'mores November retreat today.  I hope to have lots of progress (and maybe some finishes) to show you.


8 comments:

  1. Wow that glorious tree - amazing how fast those leaves fall! That bush is really pretty. Enjoy your retreat - will there be s'mores on the menu? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems strange that our weather is so similar! We had the same thing happen here with our trees and the beauty berry bush. Hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat! Can't wait to see what you sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm firmly on the fence about Indigo Way! Autumn ups and downs here, from a cold and snowy Halloween to 60 yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter told me those berries can be made into jam also but I don't like to try the berries growing wild either I wonder if all varieties are safe and chicken to try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall has fell at our house, too, bringing down lots of leaves! I'm always intrigued by Bonnie's mysteries, but have never taken the plunge. It seems like I'm always in the middle of multiple other projects at this time of year. Have fun on your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a couple of those overnight freezes the leaves fell like rain all in one day on several trees here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It got so cold so fast here, the trees didn't really have a chance to turn colors. They went from green to brown it seems. I really like Bonnie's color choices this year, so I'm aboard for another mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I'd hesitate to make something from some growing things too. One never knows. I've seen a couple of bloggers who have started with Bonnie's mystery quilt...they always are such beautiful patterns. Too hard for me but not at all for you Libby.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.