Thursday, October 1, 2026

DUH!

Have you ever had that moment?  When something is so evident you slap yourself upside your head and say "Duh!"

Someone in a recent blog post mentioned Mary's Triangles (if it sounds like you, speak up).  It rang a bell with me for some reason but I couldn't remember why (I've slept since then).  And I had no idea what a block would look like.  So I "Googgled" Mary's Triangles.  And guess what?  It showed me a picture of my own quilt in progress and a blog post dated June 11, 2014!

DUH!

In that post I included a tutorial on how to make the blocks two-at-a-time without cutting any triangles.  I thought I learned that in a workshop; but I give credit in my own tutorial to Sally Schneider, author of Scrap Mania, as my source.

Anyway, remembering all this got me inspired to start a new quilt!  As if I need a new quilt!  Actually, now that I've spent a few days making 4-inch blocks, I'm thinking about offering a class at a local shop.  I just need to pick a project that incorporates the block.  I came upon several options in "101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts.  Stay tuned.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.