|Grand Illusion - Progress|
Some things you need to understand:
1. I chose my own colors which has presented its own set of problems since I substituted green for aqua, a rusty rose for green, and a taupey dot for the yellow constant. I have to constantly refer to my crib sheet. Otherwise I'm using flesh for pink, " "brack" (a brown that's almost black) for black, and silver gray for neutral--not much different than Bonnie's colors.
2. I'm only making half size to start. That way if I don't like the final reveal I won't have committed a lot of time and fabric. But I've made sure that I'll have enough fabric if I want to make it full size.
So, Clue 1 -- broken dishes -- I finished right away, except for the extra half-square triangles that would be used in Clue 4. I actually made a few more than half of the broken dishes units.
|Clue 1 - Broken Dishes|
Clue 2 -- double diamonds -- took a little longer. I'm using Method 2 with the Easy Angle ruler and I'm having very good results. I am 4 units short of completing half of the double diamonds.
|Clue 2 - Double Diamonds|
Clue 3 -- two-by-fours -- should have been easy. Two rows of four 2" squares. First thing I did wrong was make stripsets of brack and silver instead of brack and rose. And no one pointed out when I posted my progress that the brack squares were in the wrong corner! At least I had only made a few to test my rusty rose color! Still need to make 30 to finish half.
|Clue 3 - 2 x 4s - Oops!|
Clue 4 -- more broken dishes in two different arrangements. Done!
|Clue 4 - More Broken Dishes|
I will try to get a few minutes at the sewing machine every day this week so that I will be totally caught up (half way, that is) when Clue 5 is revealed on Friday.
Hop on over to Quiltville's Quips and Snips to see progress around the world.