Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm in Love!

Y'all must think I'm more wishy-washy than Charlie Brown.

First, I declare I'm not going to do Bonnie Hunter's mystery this year.  Then I give in and say, OK, but I'm doing my own colors.  Then I announce colors my daughter-in-law has chosen.  Now I've gone in a completely different direction ... and I'm loving it!  (Sorry, @donnadb, if you don't like these colors, I'll use your colors in something else.)

Unfortunately, it's a gloomy day and my camera has not accurately captured the colors.  Essentially I'm taking the colors from the dots on the taupe background which actually looks more gray in this picture.  It will replace the constant yellow.

Grand Illusion Fabrics -- just a start

Spring green replaces aqua, flesh replaces pink, "brack" (a brown so dark it's almost black) replaces black, and silver gray (not shown) replaces neutral.  I think green in Bonnie's scheme will be replaced with a rosy rust (or maybe a rusty rose), but I'm waiting to see how green will be used before chosing the actual replacement color.

GI - Clue 1

My fabric palette is very limited because I am determined to use fabric from my stash.  Only the dot is newly purchased fabric.  Overall I think the palette is very serene and I'm trying to pick my most "modern" fabrics to play along.  My plan is to attack half of each clue as it comes out and then, if I like the final reveal, I will make it larger.

I'm still thinking about which way I want to do Clue 2, but I have the 2-1/2" strips cut and packed to go with me to retreat tomorrow.

Hop on over to Quiltville's Quips and Snips to see what other folks have accomplished.  It's a world-wide phenomenon.



9 comments:

  1. The road of inspiration is full of twists and turns. I think your quilt is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Vireya. I appreciate the affirmation.

      Delete
  3. Way to jump in! It will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your brown....nice colors together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes together.

      Delete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.