Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wildlife Wednesday

A visit from Woody


While we had 4 inches of snow on the ground, I tried to keep the birds well fed.  Then this bully showed up.

Bully Blue Jay

Not only did it make a mess of the seed, it gulped down as many as its cheeks would hold before flying off to enjoy them.

Piggy Blue Jay

Last Sunday this prehistoric-looking creature perched on the sitter's car.

Male Pileated Woodpecker
There was a second one in a nearby tree, but I couldn't get close enough to determine if it was female or a contending male.  Nevertheless, this one faced a conundrum:




Is that other bird in the mirror or in the glass reflection of the mirror ....  I tried to get a better photo outside but he spied me and flew away.  These birds are HUGE and the sound of his wings as he flew overhead was amazing.

We haven't encountered any wildlife here in Pigeon Forge, TN -- well, none of the non-human kind .... But we did have a great visit to Pappy's in Maryville yesterday.  I'll report on all of our shop encounters at the end of the week when I have some time to edit and digest what we've been doing.

Have a great Wednesday, Y'all!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.