Wednesday, October 26, 2016

WIP Wednesday

Surgery Update

My husband's first cataract surgery went well, without incident. Thanks to all who expressed their  concern and offered up prayers. We go back Friday to get measured for the second lens with surgery scheduled for Monday (and another round of post-op visits).  Needless to say, my week has been occupied with being the designated driver and eye-drop-instiller.  I've tried to fit in a few moments of sewing here and there.

Evidence

I managed to make the star units and assemble another row for Scrumptious III.


The colors in Scrumptious inspired me to purchase this fun diagonal plaid at Tennessee Quilts last Thursday.


And that, in turn, inspired me to dig out the teal Christmas panels.  I doubt that I will do anything with them this year, though.

I still need to make some broken dishes blocks for Scrumptious III and make a decision about borders.

Having finished the Halloween panel at Quilt Camp, I set about finding a back ...

Coordinating fabric for back
... and binding ...

Coordinating binding
My old Halloween quilt (sorry, photo on the laptop) which I brought down for MIL's bed inspired me to pull out an old book by M'liss Rae Hawley, Fat Quarter Quilts.  So this is what is currently on the wall:

Holiday Frost by Jan Shade Beach for Henry Glass
I've been collecting reds and grays for a Christmas quilt and I think this should be easy to get ready this year.  The panels are so cute.



I will have to modify the pattern to fit the larger size of the panels, but it should be easy to work out.  More in the next post.






3 comments:

  1. I'm glad round one went well for your husband. Usually panels don't appeal to me, but your red and gray Christmas panels are very cute! Looking forward to seeing what you will do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a fan of halloween novelty fabric but I love that backing and binding fabric. Your red/gray panel reminds me that I have a holiday panel. It might even be the same one! I need to figure out where I stashed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your guy is doing well after his surgery. I love your red and gray fabrics, looking forward to seeing how that one comes together.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.