Sunday, September 9, 2018

Quick Update

Life's a Bear

Haven't had much time to post the last few days as I had a couple of health issues that required attention following the cruise and then I was off to Life's a Bear Retreat at Lake Junaluska, NC.  In fact, I have had very little time to catch up with my favorite blogs/bloggers or comment.

Lake Junaluska
Just a quick look at what I've been working on in this beautiful mountain lake setting.

Twisted Ribbons
The first day we learned how to make "Cut-no-kites" stars,
a quick and easy technique developed by our teacher Cindy Williams.
Yesterday we built the blocks for the ribbons.

I'm hoping to get a few more blocks done so that I can add another row
 before we head home this afternoon.



9 comments:

  1. That ribbon is gorgeous! Love your fabrics. Glad you are enjoying your retreat and what a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Libby -- I hope you're feeling okay. Life's a Bear retreat?! Sounds perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful setting for a retreat! The no kites stars look intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a view from your retreat! I love that ribbon effect around the star - I had to look at it close up to see how it was done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous!!! LOVE the Lake J area!!! DS2 remarked favorably on the quilt you are building. In young adult speak "Ah, nice!" is high praise. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm intrigued by the "Cut-no-kites" stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we used to go to Lake Junaluska every year...we had a home in Maggie Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to google to see exactly where Lake Junaluska was located in NC. Close to Asheville - pretty area in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I am in Charlotte, NC. Must be a great place to quilt and sew. Love the twisted ribbon pattern on the quilt. The star is beautiful and the combo of colors is so appealing. It is going to be quite lovely when completed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Hope you got lots done before the retreat ended.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.