Thursday, September 17, 2020

Another Retreat

OK, so  I've been absent for a while ... 

I was at another quilting retreat this week hosted by Cindy Williams, The Math Whisperer -- this time a little over an hour from home, at a new-to-us retreat center in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.  Needless to say, cell service was minimal at best so I was unable to post.  

Rather than doing one of the project options, I used my time finishing up Twisted Ribbons, the project started at my first retreat with her a couple of years ago.  This is where I left off ...

After a day and a half I had this:

I am in love with the fabrics in this quilt and it will be mine!

My time on Wednesday (and early this morning) was spent assembling -- or rather beginning the assembly -- of the Tiny Tuesday Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019 Sampler.  I got all the vertical sashing on and 5 of the 9 rows sashed horizontally.

Thanks to Angela at soscrappy  for hosting the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each year and for doing such a thorough job of making these tiny blocks into PDF patterns at superscrappy.blogspot.com.  On Saturday I will be linking up with Angela's Scrap Happy Saturday 




16 comments:

  1. Twisted Ribbons is pretty! I like those stars! And your Tiny Tuesday blocks are really coming together, too. The light sashing is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twisted Ribbons is beautiful! And the border fabric matches your shoes! :) I really like the gray sashing on the Tiny Tuesday blocks. It allows the colors in the blocks to really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a productive retreat!
    I love the sashing you've chosen for your Tiny Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why you love Twisted Ribbons so much. I'm glad you're keeping this one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Glad you could get time away. (Actually, I'm envious that you could get time away!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the varied backgrounds in your Tiny Tuesday blocks ! It’s so interesting to look at. Then the lighter slashing and yellow? cornerstones is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like progress was happening! Our retreat was cancelled this year. How I long to gather over a long weekend and sew with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh you should be in love with that quilt - it is beautiful! that ribbon adds so much to the style!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks great - I like how you are putting tiny sampler together

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress on your ribbons! So glad you are finally finishing up the Tiny Tuesday quilt. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress! That retreat location sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt ... love the ribbon border

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress on two projects! Twisted Ribbons is very pretty and your RSC sampler is so colorful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.