Thursday, July 13, 2023

Eclectic - It's the Way I Roll

 I don't think I can be accused of being single-minded!


The clutter on the right has been on my design wall for months and I finally started pulling some of the bits into a cohesive, though chaotic, whole today.


I recently saw an orphan block quilt done in a spiral so I'm thinking about proceeding in that style.  I've pulled a creamy Grunge to be a separator and/or pathway for the spiral.  I know, that doesn't make any sense ... hard to describe.  You'll understand when I get further along

I did manage to get the "manly" Color Stix blocks in a somewhat pleasant arrangement and they are now pinned in rows, ready to be stitched.  It will probably need a border to make it big enough for a man's lap.


AND I spent a good portion of the day cutting and stitching these blocks for a Stretched Star from Nickel Quilts.


It feels good to be stitching again!  








6 comments:

  1. Your wall resembles mine just now as I too am determined to make sense of some of the blocks I've made in the past. I like how you've collated those autumn type blocks together. Your manly quilt is off to a great start and the stretched star blocks look great too. You are making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see what you're working on! I love the stretched star look - is that from the Nickel Quilts book? I have that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the masculine Color Sticks blocks! I love Cynthia’s design (well, all of them, really) and have been thinking this would be a good block to use to make donation quilts during the later part of the year when we (or maybe it’s just me) work with neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love watching your process with these blocks! I can never figure out what to do with mine. That stretched star looks wonderful too and I love the Color Sticks! Have a great day and welcome back to the stitching world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, very fun setting idea for the orphan blocks. Looking forward to seeing that one come together. You've got some great projects in the works. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your eclectic wall, and I really like that stretched star! Glad you are enjoying it all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.