Tuesday, August 29, 2023

25 Days Later

 ... and 10 pounds heavier!

DH and I ticked another item off our bucket list with a 25-day cruise that included stops in Canada, Greenland, and Iceland! 



I've said before we don't like to announce a planned absence, especially one of nearly a month, so I had planned to prepare a few posts to schedule during my absence,  But last-minute preparations prevented that from happening.  Suffice it to say, we had a fabulous time.  And I managed to visit one quilt shop in Halifax, NS!  Iceland is a beautiful place, surprisingly green, whereas Greenland had the most ice (that we were able to see).  

And, since returning, I find many of my photos have not downloaded to the computer (full cloud) so I won't take time to include any highlights here.  Instead, I'll give you a look at what I was working on right before we left at the end of July.

I managed to make quite a bit of progress on the squirrel I was chasing.  Lots of chunky churn dashes have been added to the wall

I'm re-thinking the alternate squares, however.  so stay tuned.

I took some really old handwork projects with me and was able to accomplish a lot on sea days, 

but will save that for another post.



6 comments:

  1. I would love to see vacation photos - hope you can get some up that sounds like a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful time, and I, too, hope you can find your photos to share. That's a fun project, too. I'll be interested to see what you decide for the alternate squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Hopefully you've had a chance to recover a bit and start to get back to your normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful adventure! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip sounds wonderful!! I, too, hope you can share some photos. Glad you made it home and are back in the quilting room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 25-day cruise sounds like one of my worst nightmares! Ocean motion and I don't get along very well. Hoping your photos show up soon, Libby. I'm sure you had a beautiful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.