Thursday, September 19, 2024

43+ Years

On a Friday in August 1978, the house was sold, the divorce finalized, and the rental truck packed with all my worldly possessions.  He got the cats; I got the kids.  On Saturday and Sunday I drove the truck from El Dorado, Arkansas back to Nashville to be close to my aging parents.  Monday morning I started my new job as a specifications typist at an architectural firm.  This dapper dude popped into my cubicle to invite me to the company canoe outing on Saturday:


Unfortunately I was not able to accept the invitation.  The following week I invited him to have dinner and meet my boys.  Unfortunately he was not able to accept the invitation.  We started having lunch together and that was IT.  We took three years to be sure it was the right thing, then we tied the knot on September 5, 1981.


He has been my rock and has gone above and beyond the call of duty in my recent confinement.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I hope you are healing well. Our biggest fear is being unable to do all of things we used to do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.