Saturday, September 28, 2024

Tough Week

I hope all my friends who were in the path of Helene are safe and sound.  I sure feel sorry for those in western North Carolina.  Fortunately my friends who were retreating in NC were able to return home safely.  We had no issues here on the Plateau; not even enough rain to bring the lake up to the bottom of the dock.  But, then, we've been in a drought since summer.  

I didn't get the best news from the neurologist this week and will have to get another myelogram before possible surgery.  Hoping whatever he decides will help me walk.  However, anticipating the worst, I've had Alex move my primary sewing machine up to the bedroom.


It sure felt good to stitch a little this week.  I'm thinking I will make this a permanent installation by bringing the Koala table up, as well.  I'll move my project boxes into a corner of the bedroom and add shelves in one of the guest bedrooms for fabric and supplies.

And to top off the tough week, my older brother passed away peacefully.  My other brother and I serendipitously visited him in the hospital on the same day while we were in Virginia earlier this month.  So now another long drive to Maryland is planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.