Monday, September 23, 2024

Bucket List #2

 In 2020 we accidentally started a tradition of attending a professional golf tournament each year, assuming it's in a warm location in winter, or a cool location in summer.  So far we have been to Hawaii and Southern California twice.  This year was supposed to be Phoenix in February but my "little spill" prevented that.  The tradition has not become "Bucket List" worthy, however.

On the other hand, my desire to attend an international golf match was list-worthy and we managed to tick it off the list earlier this month when we attended the women's Solheim Cup -- U.S. vs Europe -- at the Robert Trent Jones Club in Gainesville, Virginia.  

We won!!

Alex, Me and SIL celebrating the victory.

I was so grateful that our tickets, which we purchased before Christmas last year, gave us access to the Clubhouse as well as valet parking!  That was the only way I could have managed.  We were close to the first tee and the stands there had an ADA elevator.  Otherwise I spent most of my time watching on TVs in the clubhouse.

In case you're wondering we took two days to get there and get home with stops every hour to stretch.  I'm still recovering!  But it was well worth the effort.



5 comments:

  1. How fun!! That is a great photo, you look fantastic. Glad you got to make the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, that sounds like fun! I'm so glad you could make the trip work, and I bet you saw some good golf. I enjoy watching the women play - I want to be like Nelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I couldn't meet you when you were so close to my home. I'm glad you had such a great time, challenges and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're recovering well enough to check off bucket list items! Maybe someday you'll be able to come to Phoenix. Great photo of you, Alex, and SIL.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.