Monday, October 21, 2024

Making Headway

My scheme to move my sewing space to the master bedroom is slowly coming to fruition!  

As I was sitting in the recliner early this morning, working on a couple of jigsaw puzzles on the computer, my husband was quietly bringing cube after cube up the stairs, well within my hearing and vision, but apparently I was too preoccupied with the puzzles to notice.  When I went back to the bedroom to dress for the day, this is what greeted me:


All my UFOs!  Most of those boxes have all the pieces in them so I can pull out a box, finish (or nearly finish) a project without having to go downstairs to pull fabric or make decisions.

So, as long as he was in the mood/mode, he disassembled my Koala Outback sewing station. bundled it in foam, loaded it on a dolly, and hauled it up the (outside) hill.  A few more trips with the attachments and I now have a proper sewing setup (well, almost proper).


The only hiccup is the well for the machine needs adjustment since I am using a different machine than what I originally bought the table for.  Also, I need to order a clear acrylic insert to fill the gaps.  But I will manage without it.

I still need to figure out where I will cut and press, but I'm stoked to get started!

4 comments:

  1. Progress! (But were you surprised to see how many UFOs? LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Hopefully you will be creating again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, and I love all of the natural light you have from the windows. Maybe you can make a temporary insert for your machine from 1/4" thick foam core board. It is slippery and you could tape the edges.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.