Tuesday, October 1, 2024

De-accessioning

The time has come for me to part with many of my completed tops.  So today I passed three on to our Devo and Sew group to be finished as comfort quilts.  These are some of my favorites; I don't remember exactly when they were made.

The first one is Granny's Stars, a pattern by Nancy Mahoney.  According to my paperwork, the pattern appeared in a 2009 issue of  Fons and Porter magazine.  I took this class with her in 2016.  I call it Baik Beauty.  I finished the top at our February Loucon retreat in 2023.  


Next is a Cynthia Brunz pattern she calls Geese Migration.  I saw it in a magazine and simply HAD to make it. I love the progression of value in the blocks, though I was not completely successful in all of them.


And, finally, this is another one I saw in a magazine.  I thought it was called Tumbling Triangles, but I can't find any documentation to support that.  What looks like black is a really dark green and I used all my pastel florals for the strips. 


I don't mind parting with my tops when I know they will go to a good cause.  To me, the pleasure is in the making!



3 comments:

  1. Oof I need to do the same thing. I am so jealous of your Geese Migration finish! You did a lovely job, it looks beautiful. I have several blocks and need to get more done. I just love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Linda and you, I could stand to do the same thing. In recent years, I seem to like making blocks and quilt tops more than the actual finishing part! You've got three beautiful tops there, Libby - they'll make great quilts for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are beautiful quilt tops! Someone will love each of those as a comfort quilt. I have a few finished quilts that have never found a home that I'm going to donate to the guild charities, hopefully before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.