Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's a Wall Hanging

Well, I went with the easy option -- a 5-block wall hanging.  I have one last seam to sew.  Tomorrow at guild I will trim to square and add a first border for stability.  It will probably always be just that -- a class sample.  And what will I do with the 17-block partially finished quilt?  I'm considering a contrasting fabric for the setting triangles and corners, but I don't have anything in my stash that fits,  Oh, gee, I guess I'll have to go shopping.

I'm heading out to Quilt Camp on Tuesday so maybe I can find something suitable at one of the quilt shops in the area.  This will be my first visit to Quilt Camp and I'm quite excited.  My project is cut and packed.  The machine and all the accoutrements are lined up ready to go in the trunk.  Trying to decide on the right mix of warm and cool clothing what with the changing seasons.....

Tomorrow is the monthly guild meeting of Courthouse Quilters.  This weekend we honored one of our charter members with a quilt show celebrating her 80 years of quilting.  It was quite impressive to see the life's work of a single person, especially considering much of what she has produced over the years has gone to charitable works.  Congratulations, Bernice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.