Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday on the Hill


Big improvements in the stash department this week!! 

At guild on Monday I took advantage of the large tables to lay out and measure three projects I had worked on at retreat so that I could cut borders and sashings.   "Playing with Colors" is now a flimsy, ready for quilting -- my only finish for the week.  2.75 yards out!




Sashing was added to the Elegant Garden blocks -- center finished, borders ready to cut and apply.  BTW, I found the pattern in 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts by Evelyn Sloppy.  0 yards out. ;-(





In spite of my best intentions, I did not get the borders on True Blue.  BUT my time was not wasted.  In searching for examples to illustrate a lecture I'll be giving tomorrow night, I came across a group of color-coordinated practice blocks.  I shipped them off to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict who assures me that Rita, her "orphan block queen" will work her magic and create something lovely for their quilt ministry.  1.75 yards out!


I didn't stop there, however.  Liberated by the feeling of giving up a dozen-plus blocks, I started looking around for other things I knew I would never use or that I had so much of I could share.  Soon panels and novelty prints and fat quarters and yardage suitable for backs began piling up. 

Donation Pile

I will be delivering the pile to Sarah on Tuesday.  53.5 yards out !!!!!

I have now officially recovered from my spending spree in Paducah.  AND I have space on the top shelf for wide backs.


AND I have a clean cutting table.


(Please, don't turn around and look at my sewing table or the floor or my project storage cubes!!!)

Stash report this week:
     In this Week:            0.0 yards
     In year to Date:      157.25 yards
     Out this Week:          58.0 yards
     Out Year to Date:   127 yards
     Net Used 2014:      -30.25 yards

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.


1 comment:

  1. Your fabric looks so organized!! You asked if I used the smaller pieces of batting for my runners. Yes, I have a long arm and keep the long pieces that are at least 18 inches wide specifically for table runners. when they start to over flow I quilt up several runners. Since I do craft shows I always have a few runners to quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.