Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Time Flies

Wow!  Where did last week go? 

Last Monday I talked to a local guild about fabric selection for stacked repeat designs -- specifically 4-Patch Posey.

It went well, was well received.  But, gosh, does it take a lot out of me to get up in front of a group, deliver a message, and appear peppy and composed at the same time!

Tuesday morning I had breakfast with Sarah from Confession of a Fabric Addict to deliver over 50 yards of stash fabric for her quilt ministry. 


What a delightful person!  She definitely "walks the talk", if you know what I mean.  She's the second local blogger I've spent a little time with and it really makes a difference to have a face to put to the page.

Wednesday was Senior shopping at Kroger.  Now that the discount is weekly, though reduced ;-( , our list is a lot shorter and we get through a lot quicker.  Got home just in time to meet with the new lawn maintenance supervisor.  If you've seen my pictures, you know we don't have a "lawn."  One of the reasons I picked this group about 4 years ago is that they seemed willing to maintain a garden.  It's been an up and down relationship; at this point I don't know of an alternative.  The new supervisor at least seems interested in providing good service -- we'll see....

Thursday evening I met up with some of my "inner circle" for dinner.  There's been a lot going on in their lives and we just needed a group hug.  One of us took the opportunity to honor her secret sister with a belated Spring/early Memorial Day remembrance that included light-up glasses.


I won't say who was doing the honorin' or who the honoree is .....  but a good time was had by all.  We've got husbands undergoing open heart surgery and others with knee (or is it hip?) surgery and another moving house ....  As Robin Roberts' mother said, "Everybody's got somethin'.

Friday I spent the day getting ready to do a test run on a new pattern at our guild.  And Saturday was the test run.  Got lots of good feedback on the pattern.  Now if I can just figure out how to get EQ drawings into the pattern, "exploded" and with notations.... At least I have until October to finish it!

Sunday the handbells played at church.  Rehearsals went extremely well.  But during the performance of the prelude my mind just went to another place.  There's no other explanation.  I was so moritified at screwing up that I left before the service began.  Maybe it's time to give up the bells -- though I think it's one of the things that continues to exercise my mind (and body, for that matter).

Monday rolled around again and it was my turn to host our monthly "Slow/No Sew" gathering.  While we normally gather on a Wednesday, we chose the holiday so that our one working member could attend.  Unfortunately most everyone had other plans; attendance was small, but what we lacked in quantity we made up for in quality.

That pretty much brings us up-to-date.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.