Monday, October 27, 2014

Another Monday ...

... and another guild retreat!

Three days away from home, dedicated sewing time, eat when I want to, fun with friends!!!

Here's my plan:
  1. Bind Fire and Ice (a/k/a French Braid) -- don't you just love that name?
  2. Easy Street - Borders and back.
  3. Elegant Garden - Fix mitered border corner and make binding
  4. Churn Dash - Cut side setting and corner triangles, assemble, apply borders
  5. Twisted Sister - Audition sashing and borders, assemble if able
  6. Remembering Marie - Make star points, set in corners and triangles
  7. Kids' comfort quilts - If there's time, throw together from some of my donated fabrics.
Yes, that is Easy Street on the stack.  I spent so much time yesterday mulling over potential projects for retreat that I never got around to putting on the borders.  That will be my second order of business after the binding.

And, if I get bored, I'll work on the Little Bits Haunted House.  My Gosh, the pieces are REALLY little bits!



Is that enough to keep me busy for three days?

We do have WiFi at the retreat center so I may be able to report as I progress.  Somehow I never get around to that, though


To see what the rest of the quilting world is working on, hop over to Patchwork Times.


8 comments:

  1. I love all your projects. Good luck getting them completed. It's so much fun to have that TahDah moment with your friends. Can't wait to see your results. I have to wait a week and a half but I have my stuff ready to go. Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My theory is that you can never have too many projects or sewing machines at a retreat. My friends think I'm crazy, and they're probably right.
    I love to sew with my friends, sometimes I talk more than I sew but that's part of the fun.
    Hope you have a great time.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore retreats!! Where in Tennessee are you? Have a BLAST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at your retreat and happy sewing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like enough to keep you busy for three weeks, not just three days! Have fun -- hope you get lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! You might really get all that done in 3 days? I was gone for 3 days and got maybe a tenth of that done - and I sewed pretty hard LOL!!! You go girl!!! Enjoy and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In print it sounds like very ambitious 3-day goals!, but once you start tackling them, I'm sure you'll get most of them accomplished. Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.