Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bonnie Hunter UFO Challenge

Sometimes I need to be challenged.

Jo Kramer at Jo's Country Junction issued a challenge to finish a Bonnie Hunter UFO before the first clue of the new mystery is revealed on Black Friday.  I accepted.

While Celtic Solstice and Smith Mountain Morning await completion, I have opted to finish Easy Street for the challenge since it is the one most nearly finished.

Easy Street - Blocks ready to sew together

Bonnie's mystery from two years ago, Easy Street has to be my LEAST favorite BH ever!  In fact, I disliked it so much that it languished in my project box for two years and almost ended up in the dumpster.  But when I realized that I had enough pieces and parts assembled for a small version, and the rest cut, I decided it was worth finishing for a comfort quilt.  Somebody out there will like it.

All that remains are the inner and outer borders.

Easy Street - auditioning borders

So far I have pieced together the inner borders.  Just need to measure before attaching.  The outer borders need to be pieced and applied.  I'm sure I have something I can throw together for a back and then it probably will go to the comfort quilt collection at our guild.

Anybody out there need leftover units?  First one to contact me can have them.  I never want to see lime green and turquoise together again!

I'm linking up with Jo and the others who have accepted the challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Libby, I didn't like mine until I put the borders on it. It's at the quilter's now. At least you will get credit for yardage out when you turn it over to the guild. lol
    Sharon B in Franklin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell right away that the colors Bonnie chose for Easy Street were NOT going to be happy ones for me either. I tend to adjust the colors and use primary rather than secondary colors for her mysteries. Mine still hasn't been quilted up though. Wonder if I have time to take up that challenge and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, I loved the colors you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take your leftovers, if no one else has claimed them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.