Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Jo's BH UFO Challenge

Jo Kramer at Jo's Country Junction issued a challenge to complete a Bonnie Hunter UFO before the first clue of Grand Illusion is released on Black Friday.

I'm happy to report that I finished Easy Street by adding two borders.  It was the one BH UFO nearest completion -- was that cheating??  Back is ready, too, for whatever situation arises.

Not-so-Easy Street
I don't plan to do the mystery this year.  Instead, I am going to use that time to finish another BH UFO -- either Celtic Solstice (needs borders) or Smith Mountain Morning (needs everything but is all cut or I would just ditch it).

I am looking forward to seeing the new mystery as it evolves.  I know it will be stunning.  Best wishes to all who will be participating.




10 comments:

  1. Your Easy Street is beautiful! I don't know how you can just watch the mystery, but yay on finishing some other beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andee. I may have a change of heart when I see everyone working on it.

      Delete
  2. I can't decided if I am doing the mystery or not. Past years I've loved it but this year with all going on, I just don't think it will happen...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, especially with the house situation.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! on your finish. Love the colors you chose for this quilt. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ramona. Not my favorite quilt, glad it's done!

      Delete
  4. This looks great Libby! I am not sure if I could just sit back and watch the mystery! I HAVE to participate! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Kevin. There's a certain energy about everyone working on the same thing at the same time. I will at least print all the instructions.

      Delete
  5. Great finish! I'm not planning to do the new mystery - just no time for it right now. But I will follow along and print off the instructions each week.
    I still haven't decided what to do at the retreat. Sharon B in Franklin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea -- to print all the instructions as they come out!

      Delete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.