Wednesday, October 14, 2015

One Proud Teacher



The first two nights of Quilt Camp we have show-and-tell from home, with special prize opportunities for those who show completely finished projects from last year's classes.

Several of my students told me they had finished their projects but didn't think to bring them to show. One did, though, and it was a stunner!

Peggy's Wink & a Smile
Peggy took my suggestion of replacing the 9-patch centers with a 6-1/2" square.  She fussy cut fruits, vegetables, and other novelty prints and chose matching colors for her star points/arrows.

Green Peas with Green Arrows
She also made the quilt her own by adding a contrasting 3-piece sashing between the blocks.



The sashing gives the quilt an entirely different look from the pattern.  I admire such creativity from an octogenarian.

Hats off to Peggy!

Sweet Peggy in the red sweater in front.
From the photo you can get a glimpse of my kitchen classroom!  And can also tell what a fun group we had in class.

I've been too busy and exhausted to post anything.  Will try to catch up tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt -- the fruit/veggie centers add a sly surprise. I like the block, too. It looks as though you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.